Skip to main content

Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 49738 times)

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
What's Going on in the Americas?
There are a number of threads from the Old World, any news from the New? Anything American goes.

• OakdaleFTL
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What's Going on in the Americas?
Reply #1025
Show me examples of your "mature" opinions!
No examples...? I thought not.
Perhaps Rotherham... :(
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
No one listens to me as much as I do and even I have my limits...
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman

• Colonel Rebel
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1026
Jefferson? A damn slave owner and had it off with a couple of the female ones. Don't start giving me guff about principles when you live where you do. Your country bums about itself like clowns in a circus.
Remind me.....which country was it that created the first concentration camp, which notably Hitler praised, during a certain Boer War?

Which country once had 1/3 of world's population under their watch, while they plundered, raped, and killed en mass?

Reply #1027
Jefferson? A damn slave owner and had it off with a couple of the female ones. Don't start giving me guff about principles when you live where you do. Your country bums about itself like clowns in a circus.

You mean like this?

"What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter."
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

• Barulheira
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Clowns
Reply #1028
Clowns are frightening...

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1029
Try growing up Colonel. You lot had horrible concentration camps during your Civil War and unfortunately the Confederate side well into that too. You simply ignore what Jefferson did having slaves that Washington increased the number he was bequeathed with and your country boasts to the world on principles and so on that are  a damn lie. Even the KKK had hundreds of thousands in it, politicians, town councils, police, etc. Throw in the giant Mafia by the way as well!Corruption on a wide scale part of your history as a wonderful country of great boasting op principles. I would also remind that the British Commonwealth was originally from the old Empire and your lot could not do anything like that unless you corrupt a nation or invade it.  You also produced an empire by the corporate class which inherently runs America and what is called a political system.Invades countries and destroys many who don't agree with you and so on.The hard history of America is that the historical truths completely go against all the guff about principles, freedoms and so on.

The USA was created by the corporate class and freemasonry and the practices of it's history outlive the principled claims.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1030
I would also remind that the British Commonwealth was originally from the old Empire and your lot could not do anything like that unless you corrupt a nation or invade it.
Oh, like the British Empire was formed in the first place...
"What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter."

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1031
The British Empire  was an advance from the primitive and dangerous life style of previous centuries which your mindset corner just overlooks and a silly stance. And remember too the dozens of places that after the Empire still wanted linked  in the British Commonwealth of Nations. Your lot just took places over financially and militarily so don't come out with the usual arrogance, ignorance and void your corner has. That there is that Commonwealth you just ignore because the real truth is no help to you. Your country spends half the global military bill, demeans countries that refuse to kow-tow to you or be invaded by your corporate lot so don't come here with any better stance because you don't have it. Maybe it is just as well you do not have something like our Commonwealth because the way your place is run by nutters, limited democracy and big money barons you are unprincipled and a groan.  :faint:

Reply #1032
We do have a sociopath robber baron as a president right now, but doesn't change the fact that the British Empire was founded on greed and brutality.

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1033
Rubbish as usual from an ex-colonist. And what pray is your country like in the damn world? Corroborate greed people running it and limited political party practice. When some country refuses to bow to your big business they will be politically or financially done in or an excuse to destroy it. So don't come on here with the brain dead propaganda you lot have pumped into your heads. Flags everywhere like over the top nationalists and yak about principles that don't exist in practice. Your mindset just ignores that hard fact that I illustrated that the former colonies of the Empire are in the British Commonwealth of Nations. That in itself tells you something that you lot just ignore but then Dr Goebells could have made a fortunate living in nutjobland. Brain dead.

Reply #1034
The US has become a banana republic ruled by an imbecile that lashes out on Twitter at everyone and everything that crosses his sociopath. There's talk of the lunatic starting World War III over North Korea. The monkeybrain calls news outlets such as CNN "Fake News" but gets his misinformation from notoriously unreliable places to outright conspiracy mongering places such a Breitbart.

Both our candidates were corporates: Hillary being a corporate shill and Trump being the personification of Wall Street itself. The point being, you do think you're telling me anything I don't know already? I can be honest about my country; all I'm asking is for you to be honest about your's. Maybe you can't because you've been telling yourself lies about Britain's history your whole life.

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1035
No I have not been telling myself lies about my country at all and I have always stated here you lot are tuck with 2 corporates all the damn time. We do NOT have that here and have a range of parties. We even had a coalition at the last General election for a time. And in the House of Commons r the smaller and or regional parties are ALL represented on the Standing Committees of the parliament which makes it far wide a system than you have got over there. This all a wider democracy and it also extsist on Town and City Councils so boyo we are wider and ahead of you!

Our empire was part of world history and you since the rise decades ago last century have been running your own empire world-wide and based on the power of corporates including the military corporate which loves all the wars you get involved in to boost them. You get a snidy remark about our Empire and totally ignore what was a help to many very immature places in the world. On top f that corner you also totally ignore the Commonplace of Nations (head office, London) so if we were so evil it wouldn't have existed! and all from the former Empire. So you still have an empire run by the corporate barons so I apologise for nothing and being rather unique as a nation not having a written constitution we have done much good in the Commonwealth and internally on the matter of democracy.  Due to the lack of wider politics in the US of A it leaves many a distance from a deeper form of proper democratic pursuit. In a fair way that is I would submit a very sad and disappointing aspectand no chance of anything happening re the big 2 corporate parties who have tied the place up, alienated many are getting nowhere. Heavens as a Glasgow man I would live in Edinburgh first!  :(