Skip to main content

Topic: The Awesomesauce with Religion (Read 47626 times)

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
The Awesomesauce with Religion
I suppose we need one of these.

Edit (20-02-2014): maybe a more positive title will make some difference? :)
  • Last Edit: 2014-02-20, 18:13:52 by Frenzie

• OakdaleFTL
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: The Awesomesauce with Religion
Reply #750
i[f] Jesus arrived today as he would be flummoxed by what is done in his name
And appalled by those who claim to exegete...
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
No one listens to me as much as I do and even I have my limits...
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #751
You would be a very worrying state.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

• Belfrager
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #752
ps. Thanks for the opportunity dear Belfrager
You need no opportunity to be defending the indefensible, you always do.

Pope Francis is the 266th Pope in consecutive succession since Peter. Peter the one who Jesus Christ said go and make my Church.
There's no doubts about who represents who.

A matter of attitude.

• Barulheira
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #753
Peter the one who Jesus Christ said go and make my Church.
He did.

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #754
What Jesus did not indicate was the semi-pagan, highly ritualistic, dictatorial premise that Romanism was built on. It took over the church and no-one allowed any other stance. Because Rome had been the capital of the political empire it bashed the heads of Christian churches everywhere else  using the city's history as a weapon. Pope after Pope claimed all sorts of titles, were as corrupt as hell with mistresses, illegitimate children and control freakery. Nothing about the Roman stuff is part of the simplicity of Jesus Christ and became a religious dictatorship. Rome used the basis of the old Roman Empire to push it's influence and with such took over the wider Christian attitude and heaven help you if you opened your mouth. And by the way there is NO evidence even Peter was ever in Rome. When the priest Martin Luther went to Rome he was deeply shocked at the inbuilt corruption of the Church, it's leaders and misuse of not only power but morality and everything negative. So dear Belfrager you can take note that the situation on the Church of Rome caused the Reformation. The matter of paying for Indulgences was only the tip of the religious iceberg.

I do not have anything against individual Romanists but I certainly do on their Church, it's errors and false doctrines. Princes of the Church another ridiculous pontification. Italy at one time was actually a group of individual Kingdoms until unified and the former papal States were a totally undemocratic place, corrupt as much as could be, secret police and torture inbuilt.  In the 20th century the RC Church worked closely with Benito Mussolini, in the old Yugoslavia during WW2 when the Germans took over they had an RC priest as commander of a camp full of Orthodox people and large numbers forced to become RC's and equally large numbers massacred. Far more than Serbs were labelled with in more recent times. The legions of Nazis in 1945 getting Papal passports for South America. In the South Vietnam terrible early time a Buddhist country had a regime who's leaders were guess what religion?!

Jesus never acted like a future Pope and the early churches were simple, straightforward and free from the later Popish tyranny.

I rest my case! :knight:

• Mr. Tennessee
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #755
Did you know that Jesus didn't walk on water? Nope! He walked on custard!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2D5y-AxIY

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #756
Well that is one step away from the colour of orange so fine.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
That pope again
Reply #757