Skip to main content

Topic: Today's Bad News (Read 25809 times)

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Today's Bad News

• Barulheira
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Permission denied
Reply #350
he isn't allowed to deny
So, he is denied to deny.
Permission denied to deny
(That was funny...)

• krake
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Today's Bad News
Reply #351
So, he is denied to deny.
Permission denied to deny
(That was funny...)
Since my English is far from being perfect, it might sound a little bit confusing. :)
The USA as many other countries has its own strict safety regulations concerning the safety of its president and his family.
A president is subject to those regulations no matter if the president can afford its own private security guard (AFAIK Trump has also his own private one) or not.

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #352
Since my English is far from being perfect, it might sound a little bit confusing.  :)
The English is fine, but it'd probably be clearer to say something like "he is required to." In any language. :P

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #353
The English may be fine, but the Washington Post article says that the costs are due to the entourage that Trump likes to invite along and keep around himself, not (only) due to security guys. It doesn't take more security guys to protect him than it took to protect Obama, does it? The costs are due to the fact that Trump likes to arrange official meetings out of town in his personal fav places, not at the White House, Camp David, and other presidential residences specifically designed for that.

• Mr. Tennessee
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #354
Well, Trump likes to travel with friends, and that costs more.

• krake
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #355
It doesn't take more security guys to protect him than it took to protect Obama, does it?

It does and you don't even have to read the 'respectable' WaPo to realise it. ;)
1. Assuming Trump is spending the night in his Trump Tower.
What does your logic tell you - which building is easier to safeguard? A skyscraper located in a public area or the White House?
Besides, the White House has to be safeguarded all the time regardless of the president's whereabout.
2. AFAIK Trump's wife and children are not living in the White House.
So there are extra objectives which have to be safeguarded, which means additional costs.
Two examples which might help you to make the difference.

Whatever, those extra costs are a drop of water from an ocean compared to other insane spendings of tax money.
You could easily find out yourself by googling for the cost of one week Iraq war or the annually costs of 'pacifying' Afghanistan or the costs of military bases around the world. Bear in mind that I gave you only a few examples while a more detailed list would be really, really, really huge. :)
So after all it's not the insane spending of tax money some hypocritical journalists are mourning about...

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #356
It doesn't take more security guys to protect him than it took to protect Obama, does it?

It does and you don't even have to read the 'respectable' WaPo to realise it. ;)
1. Assuming Trump is spending the night in his Trump Tower.
What does your logic tell you - which building is easier to safeguard? A skyscraper located in a public area or the White House?
Besides, the White House has to be safeguarded all the time regardless of the president's whereabout.
2. AFAIK Trump's wife and children are not living in the White House.
So there are extra objectives which have to be safeguarded, which means additional costs.
Two examples which might help you to make the difference.
It costs the same to protect any guy on the same terms. Trump costs more because he changes the terms. He makes himself more expensive, that's all there is to it.

• Colonel Rebel
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #357
^ I see that Donald Trump collaborators have begun spamming the site.

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #358
They could get plenty of tips from a whole army of damn security organisations over there......
"Quit you like men:be strong"

• Belfrager
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #359
Earth Overshoot Day

Inadmissible.
A matter of attitude.

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #361
English would have been better......

• Belfrager
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #362
Frenzie, the "Great Leader" is teaching the masses the beauties of Holland language. Dutch language is good because you can't be accused of knowing German and you can't be accused of knowing English, that's their dream, being both while being nothing.
A matter of attitude.

• rjhowie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #363
That picture from Mr. Tennessee reminds us of one of the worst places to live in the world. It is a truly well placed example of genuine evil dictatorship.  I have always said that America makes a farce of itself boasting about being the world's greatest power (with much practical verification of that) whilst so many over there are in a bad way but what it has being saying regarding N. Korea has a good side.

By that I mean the US has said publicly it does not wish to go into removing the nutter that runs N. Korea and has also repeatedly said would prefer dialogue with the North on a reasonable basis. Unfortunately for that degree of sensible will from America the evil and horrible Korean cruel madhouse is not interested. Even being stuck with Trump the constructive  stance by the USA is to it's great credit. Nor does it matter who is in the White House as the North is such a cruel, ignorant and brain drainer they will not allow any decency or discussing.

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #364
Frenzie, the "Great Leader" is teaching the masses the beauties of Holland language. Dutch language is good because you can't be accused of knowing German and you can't be accused of knowing English, that's their dream, being both while being nothing.
Darn, I've been found out!

• OakdaleFTL
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #365
A sense of humor is truly the best armor! :)  I personally refuse duels when the weapons are broadswords... Usually.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
No one listens to me as much as I do and even I have my limits...
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman