Skip to main content

Topic: Questions to the Administrator (Read 24129 times)

Questions to the Administrator
@Frenzie

I was wondering, why is it that whenever I Reply to a post....post a response in a thread....when I post it I get thrown out into the Index Page, rather than remaining at the just entered post to review??

Is there an option that can be chosen, on either my part or yours,
to circumvent this troubling 'feature' ?

Thanks

..... On a non-related subject, are all BB Codes available for our use, or must some be turned on/activated by you before we can access them for our forum usage?

I've tried a few from my/a personal list on one of my FireFox toolbars I've used elsewhere that seem inoperative here in this forum/bulletin board.

Thanks again   
  • Last Edit: 2013-11-22, 22:43:53 by SmileyFaze

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Questions to the Administrator
Reply #300
That's certainly the biggest, but iirc not the only one.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #301
Are we on the new version now and it has no bookmarks?

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #302
No, same old version for now. Did I accidentally overlook your usage of the feature? @jax, @Luxor and I had some bookmarks but none of us were actually really using them. Therefore I disabled them a few weeks ago because it's one less thing to keep track of.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #303
I was accidentally using bookmarks, yes. What is there to keep track of in that feature?

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #304
Would you like me to look for a backup of the bookmarks? It might be a touch outdated. :(

What is there to keep track of in that feature?
That it continues working when upgrading, that kind of thing.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #305
Okay, you brought the bookmarks feature back, but they are empty now. Let's forget it. I'll try to live without them.

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #306
They should be back now.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #307
Thanks.

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #308
Many details I like and some I dislike with Skyscrapercity as forum software. It's a heavily customised vBulletin. 

One, which is gone now it seems, was a view over liked posts. I don't think it is worth the cognitive overhead to bookmark posts, but there is a great overlap between posts I like and posts I would like to return to one day. Sure, there can be some interesting posts I don't like and posts I like that have no lasting value, but most would be both. It leads to more honest liking as well, I like this because I think will have lasting value to me, not merely that it amused me or that the poster is nice. 

Not worth the overhead though, particularly not with active bookmarks.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #309
...there is a great overlap between posts I like and posts I would like to return to one day.
For me it works differently: There are threads I tend to return to. Regardless of liking. Bookmarking is useful for finding those threads when nobody else posts in them.

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #310