Skip to main content

Topic: Random Chat (Read 249851 times)

Random Chat
For all of us devotees of Opera's Random Chat thread...Pop and and share with the group!

First let me say many thanks to Frenzie for providing us with this space to continue meeting and chatting with all of the old friends from Opera, and maybe make some new ones.

I get the feeling we're going gain a whole new appreciation for the Hebrews of old wandering the desert...hehehe...
  • Last Edit: 2013-12-03, 15:06:42 by Luxor
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

• Luxor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: Random Chat
Reply #1975
Less success over here I'm afraid. You seemed great but the other candidate has more experience. Which is still nice to hear and all but it's not a job.
Hopefully something will turn up for you soon. Just be in the right place at the right time. ;)
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Random Chat
Reply #1976
Less success over here I'm afraid. You seemed great but the other candidate has more experience. Which is still nice to hear and all but it's not a job. :)
At least you get explanations. Over here I usually get turned down without any explanation. I will never know if there were other candidates unless I get hired. The most common occurrence is that my applications to vacant job ads are entirely ignored. So I should not be offering tips, really.

However, this time something hit right in the market situation, as a bank was aiming to expand and recruited all sorts of weird people to its back-office, some of whom must still fall to the wayside during the introductory courses. My own chances to stay with the job are pretty good, because I have earlier similar experience, so understanding the courses is mostly a matter of recalling what I used to know some decade ago.

All I want is to sit at my desk and do the same familiar things day in day out. And get decently paid for it. This meant that at the job interview I had to seriously exert myself to show some ambition and excitement to learn "new" things, even when none of this is new or exciting for me. I think I (and some others) got hired because the bar was set pretty low by the interviewers. For salaries I did not get as much as I asked, but it is notably higher than at my previous job, so it's okay for now. Hopefully I will be able to maneuvre myself to more/other tasks later that will pay as much as I want so I will stay content longer. I hope this is not the kind of organisation that would collapse when an employee wants to move between departments...