Skip to main content

Topic: Everything Trump… (Read 42081 times)

• OakdaleFTL
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Everything Trump…
Too lazy to create a new thread, after earlier (IIRC) pointing out this thread has expired?
:) Yup!
But of course people need a place to vent their spleen... So, consider this an open-ended receptacle.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Everything Trump…
Reply #325
Perhaps, but I think Don Jr is more likely.  People are already talking about Trump 2024, but to me, there's no saying that Biden or Trump will even be alive in 2024. Talking natural causes of course.
Chances of being alive are decent enough. Chances of wanting to, on the other hand...

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #326
Trump about to launch a competitor to Twitter and fake news:

It will be months before the new venture publicly releases its first product, a social-media platform called Truth Social. And there are already technical issues. On Thursday, the Truth Social page was hacked to make it appear that Trump shared a photo of a defecating pig.

It's also unclear how Trump plans to build a social-media platform on the scale of Twitter over the next few months, let alone a streaming service, which is the next phase of Trump Media's plans, according to the press release announcing the company. That statement was light on numbers even by SPAC standards.

"We have no financials. We have no business plan. We don't know how they got to the valuation. We have no information," said Kristi Marvin, chief executive of research firm SPAC Insider. "That's the fundamental problem."

[...]

[Trump's media] enterprise is being valued by the market at about $8.2 billion, compared with Twitter Inc.'s almost $50 billion equity valuation.

[...]

When Trump first ran for president, he claimed to have a fortune of $10 billion. Now the retail trading frenzy may bring him somewhat closer to getting there.
Stock market is made of only hot air. Unfortunately, air makes weather.

I predict this plan will be as successful as Trump's earlier "media platform" that turned out to be simply his own microblog. With far more money involved, the new one will be a much more spectacular failure.

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #327
Just like in the good old dot bust days. Goal is not to actually make a usable product, but to attract investor capital. It's a scam, but legit.

https://twitter.com/joinmastodon/status/1451038281173504001