Skip to main content

Topic: There's something wrong with the text (Read 176 times)

• Belfrager
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
There's something wrong with the text
Letters are altered
A matter of attitude.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: There's something wrong with the text
Reply #1
What were the letters before and what are they now?

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2
Like this:
Either way, I like the effect. :P
Cool.  Reminds me o' China aroun' Macao.  You be sailin' in a high-density urban environment, with 30+ floor buildin's on both sides, only that accordin' t' ghhhhhhhhhgle Maps yar in th' middle o' th' wide blue.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Size difference on the "Quote" lines?

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
lol no, just click the link to the original. ;)

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
Scripts often have trouble handling quoted text correctly (the above quote should have been rolled back as well).

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
Even if the quick quote script were as unaffected by this as the regular quote[1] I'd probably have copy pasted this particular instance. :P
Which someday it might be if I ever fix it up near-perfectly rather than just "pretty good".

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #7
They could get more hardcore, forcing a quote to be an actual embedding. Most smoothly with version control.

If I had:
Scripts often have trouble handling quoted text correctly (the above quote should have been rolled back as well).
and you wanted a trimmed version:
trouble handling quoted text

That would be a substring of the full quote. If I later edited the quoted text you'd still have "trouble handling quoted text", but as a quote from an earlier version of the quote.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
No idea what you are talking about. For me posts still look like posts and quotes like quotes in every browser I am using. I will be sure to tell when there is noticeable change.

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #9
I auto-piratized the messages on Type Like a Pirate Day. This was one of the more successful results:

Cool. Reminds me of China around Macao. You are driving in a high-density urban environment, with 30+ floor buildings on both sides, only that according to Google Maps you're in the middle of the ocean.

Cool.  Reminds me o' China aroun' Macao.  You be sailin' in a high-density urban environment, with 30+ floor buildin's on both sides, only that accordin' t' ghhhhhhhhhgle Maps yar in th' middle o' th' wide blue.

(However, it's missing one of the array of randomly appearing explications.)

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I auto-piratized the messages on Type Like a Pirate Day. This was one of the more successful results:
Oh. Funny idea, in case it works. Good that it was so limited that it didn't affect me.