Skip to main content

Topic: The best versions of Opera and Firefox probably came out in 2009 at the latest (Read 5840 times)

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
The best versions of Opera and Firefox probably came out in 2009 at the latest
Well, at least I'm not the only one who thinks so.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/firefox-suckfest.html
Quote from: Dedoimedo
Starting with Firefox 4, when Mozilla realized that being Chrome-like is more important than giving users what they want, it continues to this day. The once beautiful and fun browser is becoming more and more a clone of the Google product

Opera started down the same path already a few years back, and obviously took it to extremes by literally taking the Chromium code instead of wasting time removing features.

Quote from: Dedoimedo
The second item on the menu is the so-called Australis interface. I'm not going to link to any articles about it, search for yourself and read all about oligophrenia at its finest. Anyhow, the most obvious change is that tabs are now rounded. Hmm. Can you think of any other browser that offers rounded tabs? Yes. It's called Google Chrome. How original.

And somehow they've managed to make it look even worse than Chrome.

• Banned Member
  • [*]
  • Banned
Re: The best versions of Opera and Firefox probably came out in 2009 at the latest
Reply #25
Why I use an old version of Firefox? It's compatible with some custom toolbar(s), and does seem fairly customisable in terms of layout: at least I'm highly familiar with the stuff.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
:) :up: