Skip to main content

Topic: Today's Bad News (Read 99148 times)

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Today's Bad News

• Belfrager
  • [*][*][*][*][*]

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: Today's Bad News
Reply #476
Not bad news if you are a cow, though probably bad news even then, as you know your time on top is ending. It's all downhill from here. To repeat, we really should have a cow thread.

I could go with that. We really should have a cow thread. It interacts with all other threads on this forum, including this one.

Bos taurus may be the dominant and most successful mammal species, as measured in biomass. There are probably more of them than of us, or any other mammal (Sus scrofa is on a distant third, all other mammals a distant fourth).
  • Last Edit: 2021-06-06, 15:29:43 by jax

• Belfrager
  • [*][*][*][*][*]

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #478
Gulf of Mexico is burning. Firefighters are trying to put it out.

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #479
Fire is out. You could argue it's a bad thing (I did).

https://twitter.com/jaxroam/status/1411336256378839041

• Frenzie
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #480
I guess they were afraid it would cause something even worse by shifting over to the oil platform?

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #481
Another eventful bad day. Haiti president assassinated and an Estonian ambassador expelled from Russia.

The assailants claimed to be agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, according to videos taken by people in the area of the president's home. Moïse, 53, lives in Pelerin 5, a neighborhood just above the hills in the capital.

On the videos, someone with an American accent is heard yelling in English over a megaphone, "DEA operation. Everybody stand down. DEA operation. Everybody back up, stand down."

Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) said it had detained St Petersburg-based diplomat Mart Latte after he was "caught red handed" receiving confidential information from a Russian citizen.

"This activity is not compatible with the status of a diplomatic official, and its nature is clearly hostile to the Russian Federation," the FSB said in a statement. "Measures in accordance with the norms of international law will be applied to the foreign diplomat."

Russia's relations with European countries have been hurt in recent months by a number of spying accusations against Russian diplomats in Europe. Italy, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Romania are among EU countries with which Moscow has exchanged tit-for-tat expulsions.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #482
Woman arrested for training squirrels to attack her ex-boyfriend

Geez, isn't police telling anymore how to pose properly for mug shots?

Reply #483
Geez, isn't police telling anymore how to pose properly for mug shots?
I'm sure they did their best, but that does look like the mug shot of someone that would train squirrels to attack her ex.
"What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter."
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

• jax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #484

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #485
For a decade or more, my favourite fake news site has been this one http://ironictimes.com/
I think it was founded before the term "fake news" was a thing.