Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

• Absolutely Yes!
  • I thinks so.
  • I don't think so.
  • Definitely No!
  • My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...

Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 151583 times)

Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution states:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Do you know the history behind those words?

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Was the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution created to just protect a Citizen's right to target shoot & hunt, or was it created so that all Citizens could defend their Right to be free from a Tyrannical & Abusive Government --- along with having the ability to target/sport shoot & hunt as simply an added bonus -- merely a by product?

Can Governments legislate 'Gun Control' effective enough to completely protect their Citizens from deranged shooters & criminals, hell bent on killing the innocent & disobeying all law?

If not, do Ordinary Citizens have a 'Natural Right' to self-defend -- to protect their own lives, & the lives of their loved ones?

Will American Citizens, or any citizens of any country for that matter,  be safer & better off if only the Government & Law Enforcement had Firearms? Does recent History (within the past 100 years or so) show this to be fact?

What do you think, & most importantly ----   why?

This thread was created as a continuation of a thread in the old MyOpera Forum, which will be closing March 1st., 2014

• Last Edit: 2014-12-15, 06:38:42 by SmileyFaze

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?
Reply #1550
I invited you to a debate. Rejection noted. Again.
You did not invite me explicitly, so there was nothing to reject. Not explicitly anyway.

What more do you find worth discussing or debating on this issue? In the absence of the other side, should we blow the apparent differences out of proportion on the same side we are on?

• ensbb3
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1551
You did not invite me explicitly, so there was nothing to reject. Not explicitly anyway.
It's a contextual thing. :)

What more do you find worth discussing or debating on this issue? In the absence of the other side, should we blow the apparent differences out of proportion on the same side we are on?

How else do we know if we agree or not? You assume a bit much.

Perhaps I'm the only one of us that remember how this ends between us. Raincheck? Have a good day.

• ersi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1552
... I assume you only have one way to go. The way many countries have gone. Ban them [guns].
Which country? Can you bring an example?

I'm not @SmileyFaze but I can at least respect his opinion. I'd do the same with you. Mine is well documented. I'd go over it again with proper cause to.
My opinion is also very well documented here, in essay-length posts.

The best documented opinion in this thread is SF's. Because it's the most simple-minded opinion: More guns! Well regulated means no regulation! Let's not be like those other countries where govt is evil, they take your guns away and you have no rights!

You are not SF, but you appear to willing to bring up a country for comparison, right?

• ensbb3
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1553
Which guns in which countries would be more productive.

But this isn't going to go anywhere. Your ability to waste words by the page full is indeed well documented.

Today is a new day. And I forfeit. Enjoy.